Cylch Meithrin Llanhari has recently opened as is operating within the community of Llanhari within the Ysgol Llanhari School premises with the aim of promoting Welsh language to children in support of a bi-lingual upbringing.
We run a successful parent and toddler session within the school, allowing parents to socialise and children to gain awareness of their surroundings. The service primarily supports YGG Llanhari, however support for transition is offered to all feeder schools. Our group is managed by a Registered Person and a voluntary committee who supports us with fundraising activities and events which are often parents using the service.
Our vision for Children is:
• To always put children and young people first, helping them to achieve their potential
• To work in partnership with children and their families within our diverse community
• To work effectively with other services to ensure the best outcomes for children and young people in line with current legislations.
Overview of the Group
We are based at the Old Caretakers Cottage within the school grounds which has been converted for nursery use to high standard to provide a range of services for children, their families and the local community.
The setting will operate day-care for children aged 2 years and over from 8.00 – 4.30pm for 39 weeks of the year should this required.
The setting will also provide sessional care twice daily and includes a provision for 16 Flying Start children who will access either a morning or afternoon session. Times will be 9am – 11.30am and 12.15pm – 2.45pm for 42 weeks of the year.
A wrap-around provision within the New Nursery building located at the school for 2 sessions daily for children aged 3 years and over from 9am – 12pm and 12.15pm – 3.15pm.
• Care and education for up to 19 children from 2 years of age.
• Extended 3 year old care care within the school for up to 27 children
• Staff trained to support children with special educational needs and/or disabilities and we also provide additional support if necessary through advocacy services.
• Ti a Fi sessions every Tuesday from 9.30 until 11.29 with Leanne Thomas.