The staff and governors would like to warmly welcome you and your child to Ysgol Llanhari primary department. We hope that you will enjoy happy years in our company. We are very much looking forward to working together with you for the sake of your child’s wellbeing and development and we hope that this handbook will prove beneficial to you in preparing for September.
The headteacher and staff have the same vision for our Early Years Department, which is to create an ethos where everyone respects and cares for each other, regardless of culture, nationality, gender, race, ability or disability. We work together to help each child develop educationally, but more importantly, emotionally and socially.
• To develop a home-school partnership and enhance what your child has learned at home.
• To ensure that all children have opportunities to learn through activities and experiences that are appropriate to their stage of development rather than their chronological age since young children develop at different rates and using different styles.
• To introduce your child to the organisation of a structured school life and to the Foundation Phase curriculum through six areas of learning.
• To encourage your child to make decisions for him/herself in order to enable him/her to learn independently.
• To prepare your child for the reception class.
The School Day
Nursery and Pre-Nursery
9:00am - 12:15pm (with dinner)
Reception - Yr 3
Morning play time 10:30am - 10:45am
Afternoon play time 2:05pm - 2:15pm
Reception 11:50am - 1:00pm
Yr 1 & 2 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Yr 3 12:10pm - 1:00pm